Let’s speak the truth – no matter how good they taste, they are bad for our health. All the sugar and additives can easily destroy our wellbeing and we’re all on the lookout for healthy and tasty desserts we can eat whenever we want.
It’s a tough task, however – although there are quite a few ‘healthy’ desserts recipes, they are still not that good for us.
Take brownies for example – in their standard form, they contain too much sugar, flour, and processed ingredients that can raise inflammation and harm our health.
Standard brownies can cause blood sugar spikes and cause inflammation and hormonal imbalance that can make us gain weight and open the door for various health problems.
But, today’s your lucky day! We have the ultimate healthy brownies recipe that won’t harm your health and are made of tasty ingredients that will make the dessert your all-time favorite!
We’ve all heard about the health benefits of avocados. The tropical fruit is filled with healthy ingredients to the brim and has been confirmed to reduce the risk of several serious ailments.
Avocados are full of antioxidants, healthy fats, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals which is why they’re rightfully called a superfood.
Furthermore, avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats that can boost our fat metabolism. They also contain oleic acids and a great amount of vitamin E as well as lutein and zeaxanthin, two powerful antioxidants.
These compounds can greatly reduce the oxidative stress in our bodies, reducing the risk of several conditions and diseases.
The fruit also contains a lot of potassium and folate which can create an alkaline environment in our bodies and keep our health in check. Here’s the recipe:
Delicious Avocado, Coconut & Sweet Potato Brownies
*¼ cup coconut milk
*½ cup sweet potato (cooked)
*½ cup avocado (mashed)
*½ cup nut butter
*½ cup chocolate chips (dairy-free)
*2 tablespoons maple syrup
*3 tablespoons cacao powder
- Preheat the oven at 325 F. In the meantime, put parchment paper in a cooking tray and sprinkle some coconut oil on it.
- Mix everything in a blender except for the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips in the end while stirring slowly so you get a homogenous mixture. It should be quite thick – just pour it in the tray and smoothen it nicely.
- Even out the mix and bake the brownie mix for 20 minutes.
- Take it out afterward, wait for it to cool down a bit, then slice it all and enjoy!